Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sewing machine - Extreme Cleaning!


I have long made it a habit to clean my sewing machines regularly.  I oil them roughly once a month, and use my lint brush to dust off all that loose lint build up, almost every time I sew.  But in spite of my routine surface cleaning, I know that the lint builds up inside - deep where I can't usually reach.  

So I decided to go deep...



I split it all the way open and cleaned every nook and cranny I could...
which was pretty much every once of them since I had the machine all the way opened up!

 The lint build up underneath the bobbin case... 

And in the cover just in front of the bobbin case...


All cleaned up and ready to re-assemble!  


But not before taking far too many pictures... lol


This is the computer board that controls stitch patterns and options.


 It looks so much nicer all cleaned up!


And then G+ put together this awesome 'action' clip when the photos auto-backed up...  I love it!


Happy sewing!
(And machine cleaning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments do not show up on the blog immediately... if you have asked a question or are awaiting a response, feel free to email (simplyolmstead@gmail.com). Thanks for visiting, we hope you come back soon!