Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sunrise "Get Away" Devotions...


   
     When we are on vacation, I like waking up really early, taking my bible and journal and finding a quiet place to watch the sun rise and read/write/pray for a while.  I've gotten up as early as 4am to do so, and every minute was worth it!  



     At home though... I'm not as ambitious about waking with the dawn.  Actually, I hardly ever do, and rarely enjoy it - at all.  After I was rained out  (or rather, the rain sent me back inside), on our trip to Milwaukee last weekend, I have really wanted to do an early morning Devotion session.  I just have to figure out where!  We live in town, and the sunrise is not beautiful from our house... I've tried the park in town, not quite right...  Then it hit me -  I could take the car!  I can drive till I see a good view of the Sunrise, pull over and park (safely),  do my reading and writing right in the car!  Green County is a beautiful place, and this is a beautiful time of year! 

     Today,  I didn't get out for the Sunrise, but I did find a spot and sit for about two and a half hours.  I had some 'soul searching' (per say) that was long overdue - so my journal got a good exercise that it had been waiting over a month for!  I also took the time to catch up on a Study I'm doing (I'm still behind on the knitting part though!).  

      I am really excited about this idea and hope to find either a couple good spots, or one that I love.  Also, I plan to take the camera with me!  I didn't take it with today, but I'm hoping to go tomorrow, and will take it with then.  Sunrise is at 5:22 tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments do not show up on the blog immediately... if you have asked a question or are awaiting a response, feel free to email (simplyolmstead@gmail.com). Thanks for visiting, we hope you come back soon!