Friday, June 27, 2014

A Sunrise Quiet Place...


     So I went for that Sunrise Drive yesterday morning... it was super foggy and there was no beautiful Sunrise to watch after all.  However, I did take my Bible and was able to read for a good amount of time without being distracted by things I had to get done (which was the main point of going after all)!

     And even though there wasn't a great sunrise, I did take my camera and I did take a few pictures...

This was the first picture I took, it's a railroad crossing I passed on the way...  
It was a really neat scene this morning in the fog!  



I thought the fog was really pretty!







              

                  Here is another scene from the drive - I think this was actually on the way home though.




A flock of sparrows were flying across the road... I love watching flocking birds fly!  
This flock was really fun as they swept across the sky spreading out and coming back together again in marvelous aerial acrobatic feats - as if to say, "Praise the Lord!"  

 This was the view to my left... you can barely see them, 
but the sparrows are flying their praises over the railroad tracks there!




 This Robin sat there singing pretty much the whole time I was there!

Another look at the sparrows...




 You can kinda see the fog in this picture...  but this was after most of it had lifted.



Here is the barn on my right as the fog was lifting...





This pile of logs intrigued me... so I changed lenses and took a picture after the fog was gone... 



And here is the view after the fog was gone...


As I was getting ready to leave, a Blue Herring (? I think ?) flew in to land in the creek just ahead of me... 
I didn't get a good picture of him, but this was the best of the ones I did get as he flew away!


    So there are a couple of the pictures I got this morning, it was really fun and I look forward to doing the same thing again soon... although I'm not sure that I will get up quite so early next time if the sun is going to be hiding behind the clouds anyway... :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments do not show up on the blog immediately... if you have asked a question or are awaiting a response, feel free to email (simplyolmstead@gmail.com). Thanks for visiting, we hope you come back soon!