Thursday, July 31, 2014

Peg Board Project...


I got the peg board for the back of my 'shipping center' desk!  
But the color of peg board is kinda blah...
So I decided to spray paint it!


"Bright Idea"


So my hubby cut the board to size for me, and (after hanging out the laundry to dry) I spread newspaper to protect the grass, and sanded the 'shine' off the pegboard.



      

After all the sanding was done, I was ready to start painting!

(Which I couldn't take a picture of while doing, so here's half way through!)


I ran out of paint at this point, so I had to run to the store to get another can before finishing.



I let it set here, then moved it to the back porch to dry completely  while we were gone to that wedding.


 I got it mounted on the back of the desk yesterday and all set up with the blades we sell on Ebay!
I know that black light looks really ugly...
It was a fish tank light I put there years ago - it works really well!
But I do have plans to replace with LED's - someday.



(A closer look at the pegboard - isn't the yellow just perfect there!)

Just some of the details...


  ----------------------------------------------------------------

My next 'project' per-say, is (again) my sewing room.  
Here's a sneak peek at my post... 

Since I moved in after our wedding, I have seemingly been unable to keep my new sewing room 'clean' (aka: functionally uncluttered).  Over the last year, I have been trying to find a way to keep my sewing space in working order - so that I can walk in and start working! But the nasty cycle remains - clean and re-organize - (a few weeks pass) - utter chaos has again ensued. 

SO - next week's quest, is to figure out at system of organization for my sewing room that...

1)   I can maintain long term
2)   Is effective and efficient  
3)   Makes it fast & easy to find all my tools  
4)   Would work well for teaching
5)   Look's Nice!

Here's what I'm starting with...
(The horror!  I know... :P  I'm hoping that posting the picture will help motivate me to tackle the project!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments do not show up on the blog immediately... if you have asked a question or are awaiting a response, feel free to email (simplyolmstead@gmail.com). Thanks for visiting, we hope you come back soon!